Important Points to Keep in Mind for Disaster Preparedness
All of the people notwithstanding their current situation must be knowledgeable about disaster preparedness. Be sure that you don’t think that a disaster whether it is natural or manmade is not able to harm you. We are all susceptible to experiencing the dangers brought about by disasters. It is essential that you are well-versed with a whole heap of disaster preparedness tips so as to make sure that you will be able to survive the worse case scenario. Now, in the range of this article, we are not able to say all of it. There are just a great deal of tips, on the other hand, we will only be tackling about the more important ones.
1. First of all, the most important tip is to make certain that you and your family has already planned a communication scheme like family disaster plan. This can be placed together in a lot of means, on the other hand, one of the most vital is to make sure that there is at least one family member of friend who lives far away that all of you can be contacted in case that you lose the communication with each other.
2. Make sure that you are aware of all the routes for emergency evacuation as they pertain to your workplace and community.
3. Make sure that you know how to shut down all of the utilities such as water, electricity and particularly gas.
4. Make certain that you have an emergency survival kit or package in place for every member of your family that has at least enough supplies like medications, blankets, clothing, water, food and etc that could last for at least 72 hours or more.
5. And also, be certain that you have cash on hand since it is most likely that the ATM will not be working or the credit card terminals in case that a number of stores are still open.
6. This one must be a total must. Be sure that you take time to learn about CPR techniques as well as first aids. And it is certainly worth it to spend some of your time learning on how you can save your life or even someone else’s life.
7. Make certain that you have set a reunion area or a meeting area designated for the members of your household or family to gather at.
8. Make sure that you know and understand that there are certain kinds of disasters that are more disposed to take place in particular locations and areas. For this reason, find out what is most likely to occur in your area.